Frequently Asked Questions

How much do you charge?
We provide a professional service and are transparent about our fee structure. Our aim is to provide a more affordable service to suit your budget, without any compromise to professionalism and quality service. Contact us for a quote to suit your individual situation.

What hours are your offices open during the year?
We can cater to your individual needs. Interview times are made by appointment only.

Who will prepare my return?
We ensure that all returns are prepared by qualified tax accountants.

Can you prepare multiple years returns at the same time?
We can prepare and lodge all past year's returns together at the same time.

Do I have to lodge a tax return?
Some individuals do not have to lodge a tax return. Each person's situation will differ due to age, income and expenses.

I have a pretty simple tax situation. Can't I just do it myself?
Anyone who can read can fill out a tax form and submit it to the ATO. In doing this, however, you will miss out on the guidance and expertise of a professional and qualified tax accountant looking at your individual needs. It is amazing what a little advice and expertise can do for your tax refund. We pride ourselves on finding those deductions or giving that advice that will make the real difference (money in the pocket) to our clients.

How can I maximise my refund?
We will endeavour to claim all the deductions that you are entitled to. Through our interview process we ensure that we cover all opportunities to get the most from your tax return year after year.

Can I claim any deductions if I have no receipts?
Receipts are required under most circumstances. In limited instances the ATO do not require substantiation of the claim. We recommend that you keep all your personal and business receipts.

How long will my refund take?
Once lodged, most refunds are processed by the ATO within 14 days.

Can I claim travel for my work?
Travel between home and your place of employment is generally not deductible. There are certain circumstances where a claim can be made. Contact us to see if you qualify for a deduction for your travel.

I have received a dividend statement; do I need to declare this as income?
All interest and dividends will need to be included in your income tax return. Even interest earned on a closed bank account is included in your income for the year.

Will I be penalised for lodging my return late?
The ATO may fine you if your income tax return is lodged late. As a registered tax agent The Tax Man can gain extensions that would otherwise be unavailable. Any outstanding tax liabilities will also incur penalty interest from the ATO.